Translate

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Clown Fish in Manokwari Waters

Snorkeling tour in Indonesia
Clownfish and anemone in Manokwari waters
I went snorkeling and freediving to the coral reef area of Manokwari two days ago. It was located in the northeast coast of the regency. The length of the beach was approximately 100 meters with sharp coral covers most of its shallow waters. There was a narrow but very good access for swimmers and snorkelers to enter deeper water of the beach. The marine life at the drop off area of the coral reef was quite good.
I brought my Brica B-Pro5 Alpha Edition that I had just bought from Lazada. I attached it on the tip of a selfie stick and carried it with me as I walked into the water. Actually, the water was not so clear when I began swimming. The visibility was only around 5 meters. So, I swam further away from the beach following the drop off contour of the reef. There were some separate coral reefs located in deeper water. So, I decided to cross to them. As I reached these reefs, their tops were not really deep, only between 1 to 3 meters below the surface of the water. I turned on my action camera and started to make pictures.
Snorkeling and freediving trip report by Charles Roring
White Sandy beach near Manokwari city
I decended to the bottom of the sea several times to depths of around 5 to 7 meters to find good spots where fish gather. I found a spot where there were clown fish and other reef fish. Because of the current, I had to go up to the surface to take another deep breath before going down again to take some pictures and videos.
This clownfish and anemone colony was quite far from the beach. That's why it was free from any disturbances caused by human activities.
As a tourist guide, I have organized several snorkeling tours to the beach for visitors who want to see the marine life of Manokwari. Fish such as striped surgeonfish, convict surgeonfish, damselfish and moorish idol could be seen in these waters.
If you plan to visit Manokwari and need me as your snorkeling guide, please, contact me by email to: peace4wp@gmail.com or by whatsapp to: +6281332245180.
Related posts:
Snorkeling with American tourists in Manokwari
Snorkeling in Manokwari bay
Snorkeling in Manokwari
Snorkeling in Mansinam island

No comments: